Monday, January 1, 2007

I haven't shaved in a week



We've started preparing for the trip for real. I realized that shaving could be a pain so I stopped shaving about a week ago to see how my hair grows out. I think I can easily get away with shaving only my neck every 3-4 days, although I hope to be able to shave my whole head at least once or twice.

This weekend we went to REI and picked up some travel clothes and other items, but we still will need a lot more before we're ready. I set aside a bin so we can throw things in it as we come across them.

Right now the itinerary looks like this:

January 25 - Fly from Austin to Lima, Peru, spend the night there
January 26 - Fly to Cuzco, spend the day and night in Cuzco
January 27 - Train to Machu Picchu, 2 nights there relaxing and hiking
January 29 - Train back to Cuzco, evening in Cuzco
January 30 - Fly to Santiago, Chile; evening there
January 31 - Fly to Easter Island, 5 nights there relaxing and hiking
February 5 - Fly to Santiago, Chile; evening there
February 6 - Fly to Iguassu Falls, Argentina / Brazil, spend 3 nights there relaxing and hiking
February 9 - Fly to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil; 5 nights there visiting friend
February 14 - Fly to Austin

No comments: